Certain devices may not have a web browser or may have limited or cumbersome means of inputing a username and password ( some game devices, mobile phones, and PDAs fall under this category) but you may still wish to utilize the LAWN. By using the LAWN Device Login feature, you may authenticate these devices so that they can communicate with the outside world. By doing so, you accept the same responsibility for that device as you would by utilizing a personal laptop on the LAWN.
Another option is to request LAWN Device Registration.
LAWN Device Login Requirements
You will need:
- Go to https://auth.lawn.gatech.edu/
- Your GT Account username and password
- The MAC Address (sometimes also referred to as "Ethernet Address") of the device you wish to utilize. (Acceptable formats: 01:23:45:67:89:ab, 01-23-45-67-89-ab, 0123456789ab)
- If the device utilizes wireless, it will need to be configured with the LAWN SSID and WEP key.
- The device needs to be configured to utilize DHCP to obtain its IP Address and be online (it must have a valid DHCP lease).
LAWN Device Login Behavior
Once you authenticate with your username and password, the system will query the DHCP server for a valid lease usi ng the MAC Address that you provide. If there is a valid DHCP lease, we then open a hole in the firewall so that network traffic can pass.
If necessary, you can disable Inbound Service Securit y (ISS) with this login method and it will operate the same.
A LAWN Device Login behaves the same as any other authenticated LAWN device. Once the device fails to renew its DHCP lea se (by going out of range, into sleep mode, or turned off), the login session will be closed and you will need to re-aut horize the device when next you want to use it on the LAWN. We do not support a persistant login based on MAC Address because it is relatively easy to "spoof".
Obtaining Your Device's MAC Address
What is a MAC Address?
A MAC address is a unique identifier attached to most network adapters (NICs). This identifier is a sequence of 12 hexad ecimal digits (0-9,A-F) most often represented like this 00:11:22:aa:bb:cc or 00-11-22-aa-bb-cc.
How do I find my device's MAC Address?
1. Enter the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup in the game's menu.
2. Select "Options," then "System Information." The MAC address is displayed on the top line.
1. Navigate to "System Settings"
2. Then navigate to "System Information," which is where the MAC address is listed.
1. From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it ).
2. Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
3. The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
From the PS3 main menu screen, follow these steps:
1. Select Settings.
2. Select System Settings.
3. Select System Information. This screen will display your PS3 MAC address.<
Microsoft XBOX 360
1. Select Wireless Information from the Advanced Settings screen in the Xbox Dashboard (under System, Network Settings).
2. If you have the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, this MAC address will match your console's MAC address.
Refer to product documentation
We welcome input into our Login forum. Please feel free to add to the forum below in regard to topics that relate to logging into LAWN. Our hope is that a contribution from the campus will enrich the information of this site for all to benefit.
Please note that the forums are not meant as a replacement for the official OIT help system ServiceDesk (which can be reached via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the phone at 404-894-7173).